A novelty for all trained VDWS watersport instructors!
You already have a VDWS license and would like to use your experience and motivation as a VDWS instructor in another sport? Then you can easily qualify for a second, third or fourth instructor license in another sport with our X-Over courses from 2024.
In short: X-Over courses enable VDWS instructors to continue their training and "broaden their horizons" by qualifying for additional VDWS licenses - at a lower price and less time-consuming.
For the course:
- Safe paddling even in wind up to 16kn, all examination manoeuvres (e.g. one-sided paddling, crossbow turn and pivot turn) must be able to be paddled safely around a buoy (see practice video).
- Teaching experience is not necessary, but the theory from the VDWS e-learning system is.
For the license qualification:
- Completion of the instructor course
- Passing the practical and theoretical exams as well as teaching exam.
- VDWS Membership
- Passport photo
- Minimum age: 16 years
The following content awaits you on the 3-day course
- Movement instructions, key words and movement descriptions, movement tasks
- Instructor behaviour, error analysis and error correction
- Riding techniques for board control and paddling technique
- Introduction to lesson planning
- Model of a beginners' course
- VDWS SUP system, teaching material, safety check card
- Water sports and nature and environmental problems
- Meteorology, equipment, safety and health
- VDWS instructor job description
Duration: 3 days
Price: 330 €
Extra Costs: travel expenses, accommodation, equipment
The practical exam consists of skills for safe handling of board and paddle. In a buoy course, paddling is done one way to and on way back between two buoys at a distance of 40 m. On the first leg, in Paddle Stance, paddling only one side with the C-stroke. On the way back, in Paddle Stance, the J-stroke is paddled on both sides. The first buoy is to be rounded with a crossbow turn, and the second buoy with a pivot turn. Here is the demo video.
Teaching ability in combination with specialised theoretical knowledge and real students.
The written exam with questions on theoretical, practical and methodical training lasts 30 minutes.
The license completion after an X-Over course is identical to that of a regular course: If you pass all parts of the Level 1 exam, all you need for your Level 2 license is an internship at a VDWS school.
Note: If you are already a Level 2 instructor and can prove that you have at least 6 months of practical experience at a VDWS school, an additional internship is not necessary.
Our headoffice team is happy to help you!
Call us under + 49 (0)881 - 9311-0
or send us an E-mail
We are looking forward to hear from you!
To successfully take part in the X-Over Level 1 SUP Instructor training we recommend you to deal with the theoretical and practical requirements of the course. That will help you to have a good time during your instructor training. Take a look at our SUP tutorial series and test your knowledge.
Here you can find external content from YouTube that complements the article and is recommended by the editorial team.
You can load the content by clicking on "Show content".
You thereby consent to the data transfer to the USA in accordance with Art. 49, section 1, letter a, GDPR in the knowledge of the risks described under "Data transfer to third countries outside the EU". More information on this is available in the section "Third-party services" of the Data Privacy Statement.