A membership of the VDWS brings many advantages.
- Job Fair: Free job market for individual members and school members.
- Equipment Purchase: All VDWS members get a special price on equipment from the leading producers (equipment for personal use only).
- Training: Discount on different training courses, such as motor boat training offered by many centers and equipment rental.
- General Assistance: Learning resources, learning aids and models, "Instructors Manual", templates for all kind of contractual questions and arrangements (insider area) and VDWS fashion.
- Seminars for further education: A great exchange of insider´s ideas, information, updates and active networking and lots of fun feature at VDWS workshops. Each year for free, a one day workshop.
- Hotline Water Traffic Law: We offer a hotline for those who have questions about the Water Traffic Law. Contact person: Rainer Beerfelde. Contact details can be found in the Insider Section.
- Insurance: A lot of interesting offers due to special group tariffs for VDWS members. Individual and watersports specific occasions.
- Always up to Date: Regular newsletters and the member magazine VDWS NEWS keep you updated on trends in water sports, center specials and other developments in the water sports business.
- Networking: Meeting new and interesting people & sharing knowledge.
- Continuous member services at the VDWS office.
- Anual member gifts at the boot fair in Duesseldorf.
The VDWS Service GmbH needs your data to process your application. In the case of missing or incomplete specification of the required data, the application can not be processed.
Your data will be stored after collection at the VDWS Service GmbH as long as this is necessary in compliance with the statutory retention periods.
According to the General Data Protection Regulation, you have the following rights:
(To prevent misuse, we need an adequate authentication of the requesting person to exercise their rights.)
Right of confirmation / Information (GRDP Art.15)
You can ask VDWS whether the association has collected you personal data. You can request an excerpt of your address data from the VDWS.
Right of correction / Blocking (GRDP Art. 16)
You can carry out the correction of your personal data or ask VDWS for correction. To prevent misuse, the request for blocking of processing requires appropriate authentication.
Deletion / Revocation of Consent / 'Right to be forgotten' (GRDP Art. 17)
You can, as far as no legal requirements prevent this, request the deletion (overwriting) of your data at VDWS. In order to prevent abuse and intentional deletion of licences, the request for deletion must be in writing with appropriate authentication. The deletion of your data record also means that VDWS no longer has any evidence of your licences and, in the event of loss, cannot issue a replacement licence.
Right to restriction of processing (GRDP ART. 18)
If you consider the processing of your personal data to be unlawful or if you dispute the correctness of your personal data but do not wish the data to be deleted, you can obtain a restriction on processing from VDWS until the facts of the case have been clarified. To prevent misuse, the request to restrict processing requires appropriate authentication.
Right for data portability (GRDP Art. 20)
You can informally request a machine-readable set of your data from VDWS.