VDWS represents an aligned system of services around watersports –specially windsports.
Our focus is on
- the education of watersport instructors
- the ongoing servicing of watersport schools
- the implementation of high training quality standards
- the maintenance and development of the basic licence system
- our range of services and products
- the representations of our instructors’ and memberschools’ interests.
Our current guiding theme is at the center of our daily work:
VDWS – competent for windsurfing, kitesurfing, dinghy- and catamaransailing.
Quality as well as international presence in watersports.
- More than 540 watersportcenter in 30 countries
- More than 3.600 members: instructors, owner of watersportcenters, centermanger
- More than 3 mio beginners since 1974
- 1974 Foundation: Verband Deutscher Windsurfing Schulen e.V. (VDWS) objective: training of windsurfing instructors support for schools, establishing standards for schools and training
- 1985 Foundation VAW (Vereinigte Ausbildungsverbände Windsurfen) objective: standardized worldwide Basic Licence
- 1988 Foundation of VDWS Service GmbH objective: improved cooperation with school members, concept, production and supply of instruction tools and products, training and further education of instructors product development and marketing, services for members
- 1991 Startup Catamaransailing
- 1993 Startup Jollyboatsailing
- 1994 New name: Verband Deutscher Windsurfing und Wassersportschulen e.V.
- 1999 VDWS Italy
- 2000 VDWS Poland
- 2001 Startup Kitesurfing
- 2004 International Instructortrainings
- 2004 VDWS Turkey
- 2005 International Schoolmeetings
- 2006 Startup Watersportassistant
- 2007 New Name: Verband Deutscher Wassersport Schulen e.V.
- 2007 New Qualitymangement: Center Manual
- 2009 New Guidelines for Watersportcenter
- 2012 More than 3000 member worldwide
- 2013 Implementation of the Motor boat licence up to 15 PS
- 2013 Foundation of the Business initiative "Quality Training in Water Sports"
- 2014 Implementation of the revised Windsurfing sail range
- 2014 New Basic licence
- 2016 Start SUP instructor training
- 2017 Decision to build a new office in Weilheim
- 2017 Start of social projects
- 2018 VDWS Academy learning videos
- 2018 Purchase of property for new office building
- 2019 Outdoor Professionals 365 - cooperation with German Ski Instructors Association, Mountain Bike Association and TU Munich
- 2019 SafetyTool PLUS (comprehensive insurance for families and own equipment)
- 2020 New licensing system - Level 3 trainings
- 2020 Market launch of VDWS eLearning
- 2020 Move to new office
- 2021 New sailing basic licence system with Sailing Youngster basic licence
- 2021 Wingboarding training and workbook in 3 languages
- 2021 SUP basic licence system and new workbook in 3 languages