You succesfully passed the Level 1 Kiteboarding Instructor exams and now look forward to take your Instructor career to the next level? Level 2 Instructors are able to teach fully independently in any VDWS Center around the globe. You will be able to issue VDWS Basice Certificate Licences under your name.
In order to guarentee the very high standard of the VDWS Education System, Level 2 Instuctors will have to participate in a 100 hour internship in one of our especially educated Internship Centers. During those 100 horus very experienced instructors will work with you and share their knowledge in order to make you better.
Before the internship:
- VDWS Level 1 Kitesurf Instructor Licence
- VDWS membership
- Proper registration of the upcoming internship in the VDWS office
- The internship can only be done in a VDWS watersports center which is entitled to host internships
To complete the license:
- Pass all level 1 exams, including the theory exam. If the theory exam has not been passed on the first attempt, it must be repeated and passed with a VDWS Examinor.
- Complete the internship successfully, including the final exam of teaching with the responsible internhip supervisor.
- Submit all of the documents needed, such as first aid, motorboat qualification, rescue...
The internship should focus on teaching experience and teaching activities. These are to be done under the supervision of the internship instructor. The complexity of a job as a water sports instructor should be experienced. During the internship the intern keeps track with the VDWS internship booklet.
- 21 days (3 weeks) with a duration of at least 100 hours
- it is supposed to be done during one season, mostlikely without any breaks
- the internship can only be done in a VDWS watersports center which is entitled to host internships (check button below)
- Hospitation and protocol of beginner courses
- Beginners courses in cooperation with the water sports instructor
- Beginners' course as independent instruction (planning, realisation, reflection with water sports instructor)
- Teaching examination by the responsible internship supervisor
- Get to know other tasks: office work, repairs, material check, rental business, rescue operations
- Guest service for events
- Creative part: Realisation of own ideas and conceptions, constructive feedback and suggestions for VDWS and school
- Maintaining the VDWS internship booklet (including daily protocols, schedules, assessments, feedback forms etc.)
- First aid - at least 8 hours or 9 teaching units of seminar and not less valid then 2 years
- DLRG lifeguard bronze or participation in the VDWS resucue seminar
- Proof of motorboat qualification
As an intern the choice of your internship Center is your responsibility. We recommend contacting the school and the responsible supervisor as early as possible. Further agreements regarding working hours, salery etc. should be part of the contract between the School and the intern.
For achieving additional Instructor Level 2 licences for other schools, no additional internship is required. If a minimum of 6 month of professional experience can be proven.
For Watersport Assistants who aim to do their internship in the same Center as their prior education, the duration of the internship can be reduced by 50% (50 hours). In any other Center the duration of the internship will be reduced by 20% (80 hours).
There are more then 540 watersportcenters in more then 35 countrys in the world. The VDWS consists of more then 4500 members, watersports instructors, school owners and center managers. Since the foundation in 1974 we were able to spread the fascination in windsurfing, kitesurfing, sailing and Stand up Paddling to more then 3 million watersports beginners!
Our headoffice team is happy to help you!
Call us under + 49 (0)881 - 9311-0
or send us an Email
We are looking forward to hear from you!
In our windsurf acadamy you will find a few ideas and tricks for your time beeing a kitesurf instructor. Have a look and get inspired to make your lessons safe and attractive.