By means of a qualified education, the future kiteboarding instructor should be able to organize and to run competent group courses with different kitesurfing systems at different locations. He/she should communicate the fascination and fun of kiteboarding and acquire the necessary methodological and didactical knowledge to do so. He/she should also make first real teaching experiences with kitesurfing trainees and evaluate these experiences.
- Safe handling of kitesurfing equipment until 6 bft., remaining windward, jibes on beginner-suited equipment (directional), basic air moves
- Prerequisites for the acquisition of the license Surf, Kite, Cat and Sail are:
Proof of being able to run a motorboat (no motorboat licence)
First-aid certificate (9 periods)
Swimming certificate (German DLRG-Bronze or equivalent) or VDWS rescue.
- Course scheduling, realization, methodology
- School and course organization
- Emergencies during classes or free kitesurfing, safety
- Physical basics of kitesurfing, functional interconnections
- Equipment and maintenance
- Maneuver demonstration
- Course models
- Mastering of the techniques " safe on shore flying, waterdrag, waterstart, kitesurfing on all courses, jibe " in a demonstrative way.
- The practical kitesurfing examination can take place at a wind speed of 12 - 30 knots.
- Teaching ability will be examined by a short demonstration lesson (30 min).
- Written exam (90 min) questions covering the course contents.
Once the examination passed and the internship successfully completed, the candidate can hold the title of "VDWS kiteboarding instructor" and conduct examinations for the kiteboarding basic licence.