By means of a qualified education, the future funboard trainer should be able to run competent short board courses at different locations. He/she should acquire knowledge about advanced windsurfing maneuvers, discover course options for advanced courses and be able to organize and to run short board courses. This course is part of a further education workshop. Duration: 6 days.
A valid VDWS windsurfing instructor licence.
Candidates who have participated in the course get a certificate of participation. Candidates who do not pass the examination get a certificate of participation. Candidates who pass the examination get a certificate of successful participation and are entitled to hold the title of "VDWS funboard trainer".
Course Topics Advanced Techniques
Rig steering, clew first, sail-flip, changing sides, slow body drag, lift, getting planing, carving, leeride, helicopter/rig rotations
Longboard jibe, beach and waterstart, carve jibe, duck jibe
Racejibe, heli tack, duck tack, backwind jibe, monkey jibe
Instructor Course Contents
- Movement instructions and keywords, movement descriptions, movement tasks
- Instructor's behavior, mistake analysis and correction
- Techniques of rig- and board control
- Ability to demonstrate advanced surfing techniques
- Utilization of the exercise box, the skill-system
- Functionalities, course models
- Methodology, the use of video during windsurfing courses
- Mistake analysis and correction with the skill system
- From basic to classic or cool moves
- Examples of advanced courses
- Internship supervision
The examination ca take place as from 8 knots, details on the examination parts can be found in the TER.
Questions on course contents, duration about 90 minutes.