By means of a qualified education, the future sailing instructor should be able to run competent and safe dinghy group courses at different locations and to communicate the fascination and fun of sailing.
Safe handling of a dinghy at 4-5 bft. Candidates who are not sure can register for a practice training taking place before the proper course. No teaching background is required. However, the candidate should be familiar with the VDWS instructor file theory.
Prerequisites for the acquisition of the license Surf, Kite, Cat and Sail are:
Proof of being able to run a motorboat (no motorboat licence)
First-aid certificate (8 double periods)
Swimming certificate (German DLRG-Bronze or equivalent.
- Course scheduling, realization, methodology
- School and course organization, animation
- Emergencies during classes, safety
- Physical basics, sailing theory and maneuvers
- Equipment and maintenance
- Maneuver demonstration
- Dinghy course model and alternatives
- Skills improvement
- The practical examination can take place at a wind speed of 8 - 20 knots.
- Teaching ability will be examined by a short demonstration lesson (30 min).
- Written exam (90 min) covering the course contents.
Once the examination passed and the internship successfully completed, the candidate can hold the title of "VDWS sailing instructor" and conduct examinations for the sailing basic licence.