By means of a qualified education, the future catamaran instructor should be able to run competent and safe catamaran group courses and to communicate the fascination and fun of catamaran sailing.
Safe handling of a catamaran at 4-5 bft. Candidates who are not sure can register for a practice training taking place before the proper course. No teaching background is required. However, the candidate should be familiar with the VDWS instructor file theory.
Prerequisites for the acquisition of the license Surf, Kite, Cat and Sail are:
Proof of being able to run a motorboat (no motorboat licence)
First-aid certificate (8 double periods)
Swimming certificate (German DLRG-Bronze or equivalent.
- Course scheduling, realization, methodology
- School and course organization
- Emergencies during classes, safety
- Physical basics, sailing theory and maneuvers
- Equipment and maintenance
- Maneuver demonstration
- Catamaran course model and alternatives
- Skills improvement
- The practical catamaran examination can take place at a wind speed of 8 - 20 knots.
- Teaching ability will be examined by a short demonstration lesson (30 min).
- Written exam (90 min) questions covering the course contents.
With a successful examination and the absolvement of the practical course the participant is authorised to use the expression "valid VDWS Catamaran-Instructor" and to teach for the catamaran basic license.